Rapid Test Freaking out

Doctor Frascino,

To took a rapid test last thursday 30th of august. It came back positive they told me I havent had it for very long because the line was very light. THey did tell me it is 99.6% accurate but they are doing a confermatory test. The also told me they have never had a false positive reading. So the conferm test is going to take 2 weeks before the honest truth. What are the odds that it might be false negative? I suffer from cushing syndrome. I show no symtoms except I get sinus infection once a year because of AZ weather. I am trying to remain calm but the test seems to be taking forever waiting to weeks could mean me starting to control it now so it doesn't get worse.

Have you placed yourself at risk for acquiring HIV? If the answer is no, then the chance of your rapid HIV test being a false-positive is high! The testing center was very wrong to advise you that you are 99.6% sure to be HIV positive! That is not true! An initially positive rapid test is considered only a preliminary result and must not be considered a true-positive until confirmatory serologic tests are performed. That the testing center has never had a false-positive does not mean they don't occur. In reality they indeed the do! Their story about a "very fine line" meaning you've been recently infected is total balderdash, blatherskite, and codswallop! Don't believe a word of it. These folks obviously are either very poorly informed or have their heads stuck up their gluteus maximi!

My advice is to stay calm. If indeed you are confirmed to be HIV negative, complain loudly and bitterly to the powers that be at the test site!

Good luck. I'm here if you need me.

Elevated liver enzymes and low white blood cell count
Donated 50.00, please answer