You have never answered a question like this before!

Hi Dr. Bob,

I asked you this before but have a feeling you thought it was a bit silly. All I know it how I feel and that this question has never been asked before so PLEASE answer!

The situation was that I went out with two friends (one male, one female) and I am female also. The male touched my friend digitally and then touched me. I now believe I contract HIV from this exposure.

Two days after the incident I had loose stool, sore throat and this strange warm feeling in my foot (neuropathy?) 2 weeks post exposure I had weight loss of 6 pounds (mostly in my legs?) fatigue, thrush, loose stool, one night sweat, swollen lymph nodes in groin and neck, stiff neck. 4 weeks post exposure I started getting blurred vision and floaters along with folliculitis and dermatitis. I am now at week five and still have thrush, lymph nodes, floaters/blurred, dermatitis and folliculitis.

I certainly have read all of the worried wells but I just have every single thing!

My questions are as follow:

1) Does this situation sound like a theoritically possible way to transmit the disease?

2) Would it be possible to have retinal CMV so soon?

3) Would it be likely to get perpherial neuropathy so soon after transmission?

4) You may say I am making up some of these symptoms but I am not! Based on all of this how could it be anything else??

Please help me Doctor Bob, if for some reson this is negative I will donate $500 to your foundation. Otherwise I will have to donate less but will still donate!

I am just 24 and so scared that I ruined my whole future b/c of this silly situation.

Thank you and I love the great work that you do!

I'll be brief:

1. Almost anything can be "theoretically possible." Your HIV risk is negligible at best.

2. No.

3. No.

4. Well, based on a negligible risk and "symptoms" that began far too soon to be HIV related and are very general in nature, I would turn the question around. Based on all this, why would you assume it would be HIV???

Whatever is causing your symptoms and I believe there is a strong anxiety and psychosomatic component the chances it is related to HIV are essentially nonexistent. Because you are worried, I suggest you get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative, but this may well be the most efficient and effective way for you to put these unwarranted worries permanently to rest. Once you realize you are definitively and conclusively negative, many, if not all, of your symptoms may well "magically disappear." If some persist, have your general medical doctor evaluate them. One thing that will be for certain is that HIV is not the cause, OK?

Thank you for your generous gift. Because I'm confident your HIV test will indeed be negative, I can thank you for the gift in advance! Once the gift is received, in return you will get my personalized acknowledgement, thank-you note and token thank-you gift for donors at the $500 level. These will arrive via snail mail with my sincere appreciation for your generosity and compassion toward others in need.

Be well! I'm confident you indeed are!

S
Doctor Bob GEEK needs HELP 3rd TIME i ask (PLEASE DOC) Will Donate