Kaposis Sarcoma -now viral load NOT undetectable

Hi Dr Bob, I have written to you a number of times and you have always given me sound and helpful advice which I am able to pass on to my partner.

I wrote to you recently as my partner, who is positive has developed KS and will now need to start sessions of chemeotherapy next week.

He has been on meds since January and has been doing really well, with his viral load being undetectable and his cd4 count doubling.

However, he has just eceived a phone call from one of the nurses stating that his last results have shown an increase in viral load and that they may want to test again.

What are your thoughts? I am really worried but am staying really upbeat for him. Could he have become resistant after just 8 months on these meds?

Thanks for your help.

Uk Lad x

Hello UK Lad,

Unfortunately, I cannot micromanage your partner's HIV/AIDS over the Internet. Without knowing much more about his case, current medications, adherence to medication regimens, his peak plasma HIV viral load, other potential causes for a spike in his previously controlled viral load, extent of K.S., etc., etc., etc., it is impossible for me to comment.

I would suggest you ask your partner if you could accompany him to his appointments with his AIDS specialist and then direct these questions to him.

Good luck to you both!

mineral oil lube question
Aruba