mineral oil lube question

dr. bob,

I've got a question here. Had a fling w/ a girl (i'm not too worried about her status as she's friends of a friend and all), but I realized after the fact that she lubricated my condom w/ Baby Oil. I checked online and realize (to my surprise) that this was NOT a condom safe lubricant. What are the risks that the condom was breached? if it were to happen would it be a noticeable one or is it on a microscopic level? And then on top of that, assuming she DID have something nasty down there, what do you think the odds are that it got through?

curious!!

You were "surprised" to learn that "baby oil" was an oil-based lubricant?!?!?! Dude, you seem to lack a keen sense for the obvious! Yes, oil-based lubricants can harm the integrity of latex condoms, increasing the likelihood of failure. I don't have "odds" for you, as to perform these types of experiments in the real world would be unethical. If you're concerned, get an HIV test at the three-month mark.

Good luck! Don't be "curious;" rather, be "informed." It's much safer!

I hope your read this one
Kaposis Sarcoma -now viral load NOT undetectable