The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

find a new doctor.

Sep 2, 2007

I reside in Houston, Texas and love my current doctor who has a great following within the HIV community. Unfortunetly he is cutting his practive in half and I will need to find a new general practioner/HIV doctor. I am not on meds yet and just need the necessary 3 month blood work. Any suggestions where I can find a list of "top notch" HIV docotrs for my area? Thank you.

Response from Dr. Frascino


I find it hard to believe your current HIV specialist would just cut your loose without providing you with some suggestions for your ongoing care. I'd advise you ask him directly whom he would recommend! If that doesn't work, you can try the American Academy of HIV Medicine's Web site at They have a roster of certified HIV/AIDS specialists listed by location.

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Expired Condom and Lotion
symptoms = disease

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint