A heartfelt thanks to Dr. Bob. Woohoo!!!

Dr. Bob,

I just want to thank you for the wonderful work you do here. Your insightful comments provide knowledge in a way that educates, consoles and makes me laugh continuously.

I was one of the oh-so-many worried wells out there. For almost four years, I was convinced that I had HIV. I had a few minimal risk exposures during that time, but nothing that really warranted testing.

However, I was CONVINCED that I had HIV. I worried about it all the time, but never had the courage to get tested.

Thanks to this site and your wonderful pearls of wisdom and humor, I finally had the guts to get tested.

When I first entered the office, I was petrified. But as soon as I had asked for the test, my nerves were calm. Rationally, I knew that my risk was low and that the result would probably be negative. But the other side of me that feared being positive, at the point I had control of it. If the result had come back positive, I wouldn't have panicked. I would have accepted it and then moved on to take whatever the next step would be in order to live a long, healthy HIV+ life.

I don't have HIV, and I'm so thankful that I don't. But just having this incredible resource (your forum) available to me offered tremendous comfort when I considered that I may have been positive.

So, thank you very, very much Dr. Bob for the fantastic, world-changing work you do here.

I know you don't usually post comments where the person doesn't offer to make a donation. And I wish I could donate $1 million to your worthy cause. But I'm an extremely poor college student scraping to get by, and even paying for the test was very expensive for me. But in 10 years when I'm wealthy and secure, you can bet I won't forget about you.

Hopefully by that time the wacka-wacka Republicans will be long gone from the White House, allowing proper sex education programs to come back so that there aren't so many worried wells any more, and also there will be more government aid in attending university (like every other developed country in the world), so even poor students can afford to donate to worthy causes.

Thanks again Dr. Bob. I'm sending my best Karma to you so you can keep being well and keep on helping the masses.

Worried Well turned WOOHOOOOOOOer

Hello Worried Well Turned WOO-HOOer!

Thanks for your kind comments and for sharing your story. I'm hopeful it will help others still locked in their self-induced worried-well hell to follow your lead.

The Wacka-Wacka Republicans seem to be self-imploding at an impressive rate. Just this week we've watched Karl Rove and Alberto Gonzales scamper from the White House with their tails between their legs. And I also just heard that another prominent conservative GOP, Senator Larry Craig, got caught frolicking in the men's room with his pants down!

Thanks for your good karma and I'm sending mine back in your direction so you'll remain healthy and do well in University.

Be well. Stay well.

2nd time asking, please doc !!
condom slip/donation