Question about worrying...

Dr. Bob, first of all, you are AWESOME!

I recently was intimate with a guy that I have known for about 7 years. We get together every now and then for sex. I don't have alot of experience as a bottom and he's a top, so guess what we did? WITH A CONDOM OF COURSE!

The condom stayed on the whole time, and it did NOT break. After I orgasmed, I pulled him out, he then laid back, took the condom off and masterbated until he orgasmed on himself.

Why I am FREAKING out? Everything was safe right? PLEASE HELP! I know this may sound dumb, but I keep replaying it in my head, the pleasure of what happened is GONE and replaced with WORRY!

Hi Bottom Guy,

Yes, I indeed did guess what you did, but I'm hard pressed to answer your other question: "Why am I FREAKING out?" If the latex condom was used properly and did not break, your HIV-transmission risk would be essentially nonexistent. If you continue to perseverate on HIV, get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. It will undoubtedly be negative. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how! Ultimately, if even safe sex is more anxiety provoking than pleasurable and satisfying, you may need some counseling to help you confront and conquer your irrational HIV fears and also to get your groove on without all the unnecessary angst!

Hope you're WOO-HOOing and feeling groovy again very soon.

Condoms safety
2nd time asking, please doc !!