I am not the ITALIAN KIND OF GUY

Dr Bob I need your wisdom and advice, I feel desperate, a few months ago to be precise on the 14th of may I had a risk contact with a prostitute in brazil, we had vaginal, oral and some anal stimulation on me with her fingers, we used condoms I saw the last one was ok but she said that two broke I dont understand why I am not the ITALIAN KIND OF GUY, the thing is that since that day my life has changed quite a bit, I am married and have no kids, been trying for at least 5, my wife was pregnant on 2004 but she miscarried the baby. Over this time, since May, I have developed several Symptoms that I (as a marketing advisor) attribute to VIH infection. Urinal infection treated and cleared up by week 3 VDRL TESTING ALL NEGATIVE Little red points in arms and chest really small (I Dont remember if they were there before) Then at week six Doctor asked me to get an ELISA test at the CHOPO laboratories here in Mexico results NO REACTIVE. Then I started to develop some stomach problems, not really diarrhea but very inconsistent feces, and still today, but now I do have diarrhea around 3 evacuations a day. On week five and six I had some headache, and a little bit of pain on my knee and toes thats week 10 till today , later on week 10 I had another ELISA test also NO REACTIVE , week eleven NO REACTIVE , WEEK 12 No Reactive, finally Week 14 A/C VIH1 VIH2 No reactive. I am very worried my wife wants to keep trying for that bay, she is thinking about FIV but I dont feel confident about my tests, my physician asked me to do a Doppler color US in order to find if I was fertile or not but now he says that I have some kind of a problem on my right testicle and he needs to do surgery, he is not even worried about me having HIV, I think he is after the money,. Other symptoms that I have is sore throat with a dry cuffing that is been there for about a 2 weeks, neck pains, CALAMBRES (I dont know how to say it in English), and finally yesterday a kind of mosquito bite rash in my belly, the white tongue thing that is driving me nuts, and the diarrhea 15 minutes after I eat I have to go, no fevers, no night sweats. Dr Bob Am I infected? Do I have to wait six months to know if I am infected? Please doctor what can I do to be more secure about not been HIV+ . By the way you are doing a great job and I think you deserve a round of applause, I am working on an awareness campaign, I am developing a informative booklet that I will include in at least 250K boxes of product that we sell at a very well known retail store, hope can make a change, also will donate as soon as I have my checking account balanced. By the way I f I cant get my wife pregnant, Is there any way you can donate some sperm? I will love to have a son of yours.

Your HIV-transmission risk is low two brief condom failures with the last condom being "OK." Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV disease of HIV ARS (acute retroviral syndrome). Your repeatedly negative HIV-1 and HIV-2 tests out to 14 weeks are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

As for the "problem" on your right testicle that might need surgery, I suggest you get a second opinion, especially if you don't trust your initial evaluation. (Personally I wouldn't let anyone wielding a scalpel near Sergeant Pepper and the Boys without a second opinion!)

My advice is to level with your wife. It's the best way to confront your guilt and it's also the right thing to do. Although you don't need a six-month repeat HIV test, if you want to get one for peace of mind, that's totally up to you. The result will be undoubtedly negative.

As for donating my sperm, well, the thought of a bunch of "mini-Dr. Bobs" running around the planet is both appealing and more than a bit frightening! If Dubya and Cheney ever found out, I'm sure they'd forget their opposition to abortion and make you terminate the pregnancy.

Thanks for your willingness to make a donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation and for your laudable efforts with your new HIV/AIDS awareness campaign. Selfless efforts like these to benefit those in need of education and crucial services will generate excellent cosmic karma for you.

Now stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing. Good luck with the baby-making project, even if you're not an "ITALIAN KIND OF GUY!"

SOO SCARED
Condoms safety