Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thanks Dr. Bob! Question about Donating
Aug 27, 2007

Dear Dr. Bob!

I just wanted to say thanks! My email on 8/23 asked 'Please help Did Elisa Fail Me?' I couldnt figure out how to follow up to your reply, so I wanted to write you a thank you note.

I had to get away from the web for a few days, because my web based 'medical research' was driving me to a full on anxiety attack.

Now that I am back, the first thing I did was read your reply! As you can probably guess by the breadth of my tests, I've been to lots of Dr.'s here in New York and no one can diagnose my condition. They say I am a medical mystery, because my test results definitely show something, but dont point to any one thing that can be defined. While I dont understand truly what it is like to be diagnosed with HIV, I do understand what it is like to have a difficult illness slowly remove the normal functioning of my body. I havent been able to regain my strength and I have been trembling like an old man (as I am told, this is a result of losing my nerve fibers). Your reply took the major worry out of my head, and it is so appreciated!

I wanted to ask you about donating. I read in one of your posts that you accept cash donations. Was this true, and if so, whats the best way to send it to your organization? If not, I'll sign up for a Paypal account.

Best, Richard

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Richard,

I'm delighted I was able to alleviate at least some of your worry and I do hope your physicians can soon isolate the exact cause of your symptoms and begin effective treatment.

Regarding The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, yes, we accept all forms of gifts. Credit cards and PayPal donations can be made on the foundation's secure Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Checks, money orders and cash can be mailed to the foundation at:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

Richard, thank you for your tax-deductible gift. In return I'm sending you my good-health/good-luck karma that you will soon be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Dr. Frascino saved my life!!!
Next
UPDATE - No test needed, I know I'm positive.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.