Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr. Frascino saved my life!!!
Aug 27, 2007

I submitted a question that was posted on 08/23 titled "scared to get tested".

You encouraged me to stop acting like the "Cowardly Lion" and get tested.

I followed your tough-love style response and got tested.

I just received my negative test results this morning...Can I get WOOHOOOOOO?!?!?!?

I was sleeping two hours a night, having suicidal thoughts, and loosing focus on everything that important in my life.

To the many who think you may have HIV but are scared to get tested. SYMPTOMS DON'T ALWAYS MEAN INFECTION. I had every symptom in the book, both vague and specific for HIV. Here's a list:

-Weight Loss -Night Sweats -Fatigue -Coughing -Thrush -Hairy appearance on sides of tongue. -Angular Chelitis -Frequent coldsores -Canker Scores -Swollen Lymph Nodes -Folliculitis (Sp?) -Hives -Chronic Headaches

All those symptoms and I tested negative.

Dr. Frascino, you are truly a saint. I am grateful for giving me the nudge (to get tested) that I needed.

Your knowledge, intelligence, and humor is an inspiration to all of us. I wish you and your loved one's the best.

I will make a $200 donation to your foundation. Is there anyway I can donate via the internet? If so, how? I would write a personal check but I am notorious for bouncing checks and I don't want to mess up your books:)

Thank You!!!!!!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

WOOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!! Congratulations! I'm delighted all it took was a "nudge" for my tough-love approach to work! Usually I have to resort to a full-fledged kick in the keister or bitch-slap before cowardly lions begin to regain their courage (and common sense). I'm hopeful your testimonial will encourage others still living in their self-imposed worry-well hell to follow your lead. Thank you for sharing your experience and for your generous donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Yes, the foundation accepts donations over the internet on its secure Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Both credit card and PayPal options are available.

Be well! Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Can two condoms be safe (DOUBLE BAGGING) (USING TWO CONDOMS)
Next
Thanks Dr. Bob! Question about Donating

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.