Going insane! Please Please help

Please let me know what you what my risk of contracting HIV is likely to be. Please also give me information on how to make a donation to your efforts.

I received about 30 min of unprotected oral sex from a female massage therapist followed by protected vaginal sex, however somewhere near the last minute or two of sex the condom fell off. I rushed right to the shower to wash off. Since this time (about 9 days ago) I have had many sypmtoms; very stiff neck, sore muscles, sore joints, the soles of my feet hurt on and off, a nearly constant head ache, and fatique. Seven days after I went back to talk to this gal and she said that her last test wa about a year and a half ago and that it was negative. However that seems like a very long time to go without testing in her line of business. She also mentioned that she was now on her period. This freaks me out because, I suspect that if our incounter was effected by the begging of her period I could have been exposed to very highlevels of the virus if she was indeed positive.

I know that a antibody test after 3 months is necessary, how ever I am absolutely going Bonkers. The CDC web site say that Viral load testing shows the virus in 9-11 days. If I don't get some kind of indication soon I may lose my mind. Please let me know your thoughts on my predicament. Thank you for your kindness.

Hello Going Bonkers,

"Please let me know what you what my risk of contracting HIV is likely to be????" What I what your risk???? What??? Also, ". . . I suspect that if our incounter was effected by the begging of her period . . . ." What??? "Incounter?" "Effected?" "Begging of her period???" Hmmm . . . were you and Dubya study partners in remedial English classes?

OK, here's the scoop. Your HIV risk is low, but not completely nonexistent. Insertive oral sex carries a very minimal risk for HIV transmission. Condom failure carries the same risk as unprotected sex. The estimated per-act risk for HIV acquisition from unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 10 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be less, as we don't know the HIV status of your hooker I mean massage technician and your exposure was brief at best. Your symptoms are not worrisome for or suggestive of HIV ARS (acute retroviral syndrome).

Despite your anxiety level, the best HIV screening test remains an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. PCR (viral load) tests are not recommended for routine HIV screening, due to the rate of false-positives, other technical concerns and cost.

Rather than go insane, I'd suggest you use the time during your window period to review the information in the archives of this forum. I'm quite sure you'll find both the information and the many testimonials enlightening and extremely encouraging, OK?

Good luck!

blood in my mouth?
fear of testing