Aug 26, 2007
Doc, is a hiv-2 specific test more accurate for hiv-2 antibodies than the hiv-1/2 combo test ?
Response from Dr. Frascino
HIV-2 and HIV-1/2 combo tests are equally accurate in detecting anti-HIV-2 antibodies. In fact, they are essentially the same identical test!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Do Doctors Prescribe Different Antibiotics For Chlamydia?
- When Is Hpv Most Contagious?
- What Damage Can Chlamydia Do To Your Body?
- What Color Are Herpes Lesions?
- What Can You Take To Prevent Current Genital Warts Breakouts?
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.