SeroConversion Symptoms

Dr. Frascino, Thanks for this forum. I am sending a contribution for your fondation.

I'm a gay male and recently been on a bit of a sex compulsion having blown several men over the last few months. None had ejaculated in my mouth but I'm sure there was precum.

Two nights ago I got a fever and chills that came on suddenly with no apparent cause. It's August and not exactly flu season. It lasted trough the nite and next day I layed in bed achey and with headache. I had notice glands swollen for past week or so.

Could this possibly be the syptoms of seroconverting? I had just done an HIV test in May which was negative. I figured since all i basically do is oral sex with occasional anal (with condom always) that chances were minimal.

But now I'm concerned with this strange fever that I've never experienced before. Thanks

I agree your HIV risk is negligible. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. Even though this is not flu season, there are still many transient viral illnesses around that can cause "flu-like" symptoms.

If you remain worried, get a rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. However, please realize the odds you did not contract HIV are astronomically on your side.

Thanks for your thanks and your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well.

gammar master (oh, and a question, too)
Re: yes..yes..you can't diagnose off symtpoms..but what if...