Important question about the P24 test

Hello Dr.Bob, first of all THANK YOU for every answer you give here to us.

It's 3 weeks since the risky contact and I will make the p24 test. This test is suposed to check the p24 antigen in our body. The question is: ¿how frecuent are the false-positive results with this test after 3 weeks? Is there any possibility that a false-positive is found?

Thank you very much, I will make a donation

P24 antigen tests taken at three weeks post-exposure should not be used for routine HIV screening. The test sensitivity is not adequate for diagnostic purposes. If you have placed yourself at risk for HIV, you will need an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark, not a p24 antigen at the three-week mark.

i need to know why my husband is taking anti hiv medication
2nd time asking, and still nervous