Aug 24, 2007
Hi Doc. What are the chances that my HIV antibody test is a false negative 10 years after the risk exposure? I have no history of oral or IV immuno-suppressive therapy but have used steroid eye drops (1% Pred Forte in one eye) for a corneal tarnsplant for 15 years now. Supposedly there is no (or exceedingly minimal)systemic absorption. Thanks.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Your steroid eye drops would not affect the results of your HIV-antibody test. Your negative test a decade after your risk exposure is Dr. Bob-certified WOO-HOOable, OK?
Congratulations. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Deep Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Have Smooth Vaginal Bumps But Not An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.