Oral with HIV+ & Anal with HIV- Partner

Dr. Bob, I recently let an HIV+ guy perform oral sex on me. At the time, I had developed a rough/raw spot on the top of my shaft which subsequently (a day or so later) scabbed over. He tried to avoid the area, but he inevitably got excited and went down on the whole thing, and I wasn't about to stop him! I also allowed him to perform oral anal sex on me. I subsequently was the recipient of protected anal sex from his HIV- partner. Then, I went home. When I used the bathroom later that evening, I wiped a not insubstantial amount of blood from my rectum - probably just from rough sex. I want to continue to be with this couple. They, like you, are fantastic! I think the above activities were safe (I've done my reading), but I'm not the expert. Can you give me your opinion? I'd really appreciate it! (I do AIDS volunteer work - and I'm going to donate to your foundation.) BTW, you're AWESOME! :) Thanks in advance!

Protected anal sex would indeed be protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break. Oral sex is generally considered to carry a minimal risk for HIV transmission. There are no documented cases of HIV transmission from rimming or getting rimmed. As always, if you feel you may have placed yourself at risk, get a rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. I, like you, would consider your activities as "safer sex." However, non-intact skin on the penis or anus can increase the risk of HIV transmission. As for the rectal blood, next time remember, "lubrication is your friend."

Thanks for your kind comments and interest in donating to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Stay safe. Stay well.

AM I A FRUIT FLY - RAPID HIV TEST
Eye Drops