Symptoms or Anxiety...Help Please!

Hello again Doctor Bob, this is my second attempt to reach you. I know you are extremely busy answering questions from folks like me, but please help me out. I am currently stationed in Iraq with the military which is making things more difficult. Around May 28 when I was enroute to Iraq I had an unfortunate sexual encounter with a girl from a bar. I have used good judgement my entire life except in this one instance. After some drinking I had unprotected vaginal and oral sex with a girl of unknown origin. The sex did not last long, less that 7 minutes I presume. Around mid-July (roughly 45 day mark) I noticed small red spots around my belly button. They looked like someone drew little dots on me from a marker. I shrugged it off and thought it was from the heat (120-130 degrees). A couple days later I had a few red spots on the tip of my penis. This is when the worrying began. I seen the doctor and he gave me some powder and everything cleared up. Well, the end of July I had what I suspected was heat rash in both armpits. Again, went away after a couple days. About mid-August my neck became sore (like a muscle ache). I had the doc check me again and said I did not have any swollen glands. I had a blood test in mid-July, but the sample was lost. I gave a new sample around August 20, but the only problem is I have to wait 6-8 weeks to get my results back! Does any of this sound like syptoms or products of the enviroment? I do lift weights so that might explain my sore neck. I've lived through each day with tons of guilt and worry. I have a wonderful family and don't want to lose them to a stupid mistake by me. I've read many forums and am aware of the ratios. Do you think I have anything to worry about or is my mind getting the best of me? Help me to ease my mind while I wait for my results.

p.s. I cannot donate until I get back to the states and my money. Thank you in advance Doctor Bob.

Hi Military Guy,

Your symptoms are not at all suggestive of or worrisome for HIV ARS (acute retroviral syndrome). I agree they are most likely due to anxiety, the heat, weightlifting, etc.

Because you had unprotected sex, I also agree HIV screening is warranted at the three-month mark. From the estimated risk statistics, you know the odds of not acquiring HIV from this single lapse in judgment remain astronomically in your favor.

I'm sending you my best good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive HIV test is negative, and that you get home soon and safely from this disastrous war which Bush has so tragically bungled.

at higher risk than most on here, will donate (ARS SYMPTOMS) (PRIMARY HIV INFECTION SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS)
I heard that chicken..