Risky Workout

Hi Dr. Rob,

I am a health science student in Canada, pursuing a degree in Pharmacy. I have been trying to lose weight at the gym, and so far it has been successful (lost 26lbs).

My concern is that, the other day at the gym, I was taking a shower, and I stepped on something that appeared to be either an ear ring or a tongue ring of some sort. I checked my foot, but there seems no cuts, however, I am worried that what if a small abrasion or a surface cut was made, and if that object was infected, I can be infected of HIV. I have been fully vaccinated against other diseases, however, this is driving me nuts! Would you warrant a HIV testing? There were no visible blood, but what if.....?

P.S You are getting handsomer by the day!!

Your HIV-transmission risk is nonexistent. Testing is not warranted.

". . . handsomer by the day???" Thanks! But how do you know this? Were you staring at me in the gym showers when you tripped over that bit of bling?

Stay well.

Lipoatrophy
Confidential (Will Donate)