Confused about Tcell counts

Hi Dr. Robert:

I dont know if this is the best place to ask this question but from reading your forum, I like your approach to people's questions. So I will like you to explain me and probably many others, what do the latest results of the IAS 2007 Conference in Sydney mean, regarding the 200 T-cell magic number. They estate very clearly that the 200 baseline "is out".....does that mean that AIDS is no longer determined below 200 Tcell counts? that the new number is 350? When I was diagnosed, I had 25 tcells, in June 2006. By June 2007 I went up to 299 T cells.....Does that mean that I am still under the magic number now? They also talk about how important it is towards mortality, the period of time one remians under 350 tcell counts.....how is it exactly related? does this mean that my life expectancy has decreased then? Please explain this in no-so-medical terms as the podcasts from TheBody Pro. It is confusing and definetely a source of fear and depression to many, like me. Thank you, Dr. Robert for your answer and thank you for yout time dedicated to this forum. p.s. I am 31, male and taking Truvada, Norvir and Lexiva once a day.

There has been no change in the CDC's surveillance definition for the diagnosis of AIDS. The diagnosis of AIDS is confirmed for anyone whose CD4 count has fallen below 200. You report you had "25 T cells in June 2006." Consequently you have AIDS (less than 200 T-cells).

Mortality trends are predictions influenced by many variables and should not be applied to any one specific case. Talk to your HIV specialist if you remain confused by what you heard on the podcasts and how it might apply to your particular situation.

Pulling Out!!!!
HIV-1 antibody POS, NAT negative