The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

unprotected oral sex

Aug 21, 2007

Hi Bob, I am asking this question for the third time. Please reply this time.I had a unprotected oral sex. 2months after the event, I had 3 weeks of low grade fever. Then started itching and tinging of my arms,legs. Now I am developing mouth sores (apthous ulcers which usually disappear in 1 week). My tongue has burning red patches.

Is there anychance for me? Thank you very much. I will donate after your answer.

Response from Dr. Frascino


I don't know exactly what type of unprotected oral sex you had. Fellatio? Cunnilingus? Insertive? Receptive? Consequently, I cannot give you exact estimated risk statistics, but this information is all readily available in the archives of this forum. Have a look! And I also suggest you read the sections on oral sex and, as well as, sexual transmission. I'm quite confident you'll find the information enlightening and reassuring.

Your "symptoms" are not worrisome for or suggestive of HIV ARS (acute retroviral syndrome).

So is there "any chance" for you?!? Yes. In fact, the odds remain astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV.

Thanks for your interest in making a tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation ( In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test will be negative (as I'm very confident it will indeed be!).

Dr. Bob

Slowly Climbing Out of the Well
Student Exposure- Please Help

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint