Thank You Doc

Dear Sir,

Read your response. I really appreciate your finest sense of humor, I could not stop may laughter while going through the answer you gave me. If my Company's Safety Health & Environment (SHE) advisor would know what I have done while driving, he would not hesitate even for a second to issue me a notice of explanation.

As you said, I do not need a PCR, I would like to donate this money to those who need it badly for their treatment or evaluation. This is the best use, in my opinion. Please let me know, how I can transfer it from overseas. Another option I will explore today when offices will open in USA. Some of my left over amount (about US $ 150) is available with Mayo Clinic Rochester MN where I went for my routine medical check up last May. I will request them to transfer that money to you Organization. Within US, transfer would be much easier.

I wish for your happy, healthy and prosperous life, God Bless You,,,, You are doing a wonderful job.

Regards

Ali

Hi Ali,

It's comforting to know that your stick shift and your joystick will not be in operation simultaneously while on the highway.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. From overseas we accept PayPal, credit cards, bank checks, money orders, cash, direct wire transfers, appreciated securities, oil wells, diamond mines and just about any other kind of donation or currency imaginable! For funds transfer from the Mayo Clinic, our address is:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

Be well, Ali,

Drive safely. Have sex safely. But don't try to do both at the same time.

Am I at risk ? Aug 19, 2007

Hi Doc

I am 45 male from Pakistan, strictly limiting myself to committed relationship, except one incident which turned my nights sleepless.

During my last visit to USA, I had interaction with a white married American Lady from TX of unknown HIV status. After a couple of "dry dates" we dared to attempt masturbate each other while I was driving. The exposure was limited to "hand-to-genitals" and my fingers were exposed to her vaginal secretions. Although I could not find any open sore or cut, subsequent to the exposure, I am still worried.

Its eighths week going on and I remain totally asymptomatic, with fever or rashes or other similar symptoms.

On 49th day, I got tested for HIV antibody which was reported "Negative".

Is it my anxiety or a real fear? Please respond and also let me know if I should go for a viral load PCR test to calm myself.

This is a request from a person sitting thousands of miles away from you.

Regards

Ali

Hello Ali,

A "white married American lady from TX????" Was it that Dolores Umbridge look-alike, Laura Bush?

Your risk from this type of mutual masturbation is indeed significant! No, not because of HIV, silly guy, but because you did it while driving! Someone playing with your stick shift while you are whizzing along at 60 mph is dangerous, particularly if you've got one hand lost in the Bermuda Triangle of love! From an HIV perspective, assuming the skin of your fingers was intact, your transmission risk was essentially nonexistent.

A 49-day negative HIV-antibody test is encouraging, but not conclusive. (Conclusive tests must be taken at least three months from the time of exposure.)

Should you go for a PCR? No. PCR tests are not recommended for routine HIV screening, due to the rate of false-positives, other technical considerations and cost.

I see no reason for HIV testing based on your "non-exposure." If, however, you remain concerned, get a three-month rapid HIV test. Oh, and if you plan on any further sex-capades in the car, at least pullover before you pull it out!

Stay well.

What are our safe limits?
Dr bob a student from India - Please Respond - Going for my course to Australia This Novemeber!!!