What are our safe limits?
Aug 20, 2007
+female, - male. I have been HIV+ and celibate for 20 years, undetectable viral load for 5 years. Currently involved in a relationship that feels "holy". Kissing and fondling afford continuous experience of afterglow. Shall I be content, or shoot for total expression? What are the safe limits of oral and penal/vaginal sex?
Response from Dr. Frascino
There is no absolute answer when talking about safer sex. I suggest you and your partner read through the archives of this forum pertaining to magnetic couples (one poz, one neggie). Together you will need to develop your own safer sexual rituals based on what is known scientifically and what meets both your comfort levels.
Safer sex methods and risk can be reviewed at http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/InSite?page=kb-07-02-02.
Three key points to keep in mind:
1. Communication is key.
2. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how.
3. Consider having a starter pack of PEP available for unavoidable exposures (condom failure, etc.).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Touching A Bloody Scab?
- Odds Of Getting HIV Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Dry Mouth After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.