unprotected vaginal sex

Hello Dr. Bob,

I had unprotected vaginal sex recently with a girl I did not know very well. Am I the only dumbass that has done that? I see many questions about protected vaginal and unprotected penis sucking....come on people. If all of the factors listed below hold true, what are the real chances of escaping HIV...pretty close to zero, right:

1. I am circumcised 2. I have no other STDs 3. I am not an injection drug user 4. I have no cuts, sores or ulcers on my penis 5. No blood involved

I am asking you this question. If all of the above hold true, the only real chance of contracting HIV would be through the urethra? Tiny opening for vaginal fluid to be exposed to? What are the real chances of that happening anyway? Pretty close to zero?

Sure most people were infected through hetero but that is in undeveloped countries with lots of others factors (ulcers on penis, uncircumcised, blood, etc)

Answer a possible real exposure for a change. Do you dare answer?

I am always careful otherwise but I made a mistake.

Keep up the good work.

Worried a little in Texas.

Hello Cowboy,

Condescending comments and questions are really not the way to win friends, influence people or request advice from an HIV specialist volunteering his time to help those in need.

"Answer a possible real exposure for a change. Do you dare answer?"!!!?!!?

I'm only cutting you some slack because you are from Texas and consequently may not be aware of how your comments could be received as tactless, like the comments of Rove, DeLay, Dubya and other clueless tactless Texans!

So, are you the only dumbass that has had unprotected vaginal sex with a girl you did not know very well? No, there are other dumbasses as well.

Next, what are the "real chances" of HIV transmission via vaginal sex? The estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV via unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be less, as we don't know the status of your Texas Tessie or Tijuana Mama or whoever you shagged.

no such thing as an absolute medical fact ?
2nd try - am still worried