no such thing as an absolute medical fact ?

Dr Bob, ( Hmm.. Dr. Bob - using first names with the profession designation makes it sound like "Dr. Phil" and that guy's not even a physician... seems silly to call him a doctor. Oh, sorry I digress.. ) Thank you for helping so many with your answers, and hope you find the time for yet another; I thought I recall seeing this topic here a while back but the search turned up zilch. Had an exposure a while back, may be as long as five years ago, never tested so I've been living with a question mark over my head all this time. I convinced my doctor to order lymphocyte subset test ( understanding that an hiv test would have been the thing to do, but I could not convince myself to do so )just to see where my CD4s are: the results show 660 cd4s and 320 cd8s at 9 am when the blood was drawn. She has a colleague who works with project inform ? or one of the hiv orgs in S.F., and he claims that someone who is hiv positive and not on medication will ALWAYS have far more cd8s than cd4s, so I have absolutely nothing to worry about. I heard there are no absolutes in medicine though. What does your experience tell you, is this truly an invariable finding in hiv+ people and should I just erase that question mark based on a simple subset result ? Thank you.

You are correct not to include "Dr. Phil" in my profession. That Rogaine-failure is a clueless bag of win.

Next you are asking me to interpret HIV status based on a test that is not designed for that purpose? That makes about as much sense as most of "Dr." Phil's comments! Can you erase your question mark? Nope! If you want to know your HIV status, get an HIV-antibody test! A rapid test will give you an accurate result in as few as 20 minutes! CD4 subset analysis tests cannot be used to diagnose HIV serostatus. Period!

Thank You Dr Bob
unprotected vaginal sex