Its My birthday Please Answer

Short and Sweet, I have a little cut on my finger and as i went to pull in my chair that unlucky finger went in some fresh gum under my chair, Question if that gum had traces of blood, would I need to test for HIV, Sad birthday girl Sydney

Hey Sad Birthday Girl Sydney,

Your HIV risk from the unlucky finger with the little cut squishing into some fresh gum under your chair is nonexistent. Neither testing nor worrying is warranted.

Sydney, as the old song goes: "It's your party and you can cry if you want to, cry if you want to, cry if you want to . . ." but I see absolutely no reason to do so! I'd suggest you change your tune to the Bobby McFerrin ditty, "Don't Worry; Be Happy."

Stay well! Happy Birthday!

Am I at risk ?
Heartiest thnx to the Forum and Dear Doc.Bob....!!!!