Another sad married man
Aug 19, 2007
I will donate but would love a response. Anyway i hooked up with a stripper and had unprotected oral sex with her. Blowjob,Vaginal, and Rimming. I noticed a few days later that I had bitten the inside of my mouth but not sure when so I'm not sure if it was open at the time. I would imagine that I would have felt something. But now 3 weeks later I have swollen glands, very loose stoll, sore throat and mucas. I am deathly affraid that I have contracted HIV. What do you think. (Right before i got sick i did party hard in vegas so kind of run down)
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hi Sad Married Man,
I can't quite tell from your post if just the oral sex was unprotected. If that were the case, your HIV risk would be negligible. If all the sexual activities were unprotected, your HIV risks would be as follows:
1. For unprotected cunnilingus, negligible.
2. For insertive fellatio, minimal.
3. For rimming, essentially nonexistent.
4. For insertive vaginal, there is some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. The estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive vaginal sex with an HIV-positive partner is 5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be less, as we do not know the status of your stripper.
Your "symptoms" are very nonspecific. Remember, symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected.
My advice is simple:
1. Level with your wife. It's not only the best way to cope with your guilt; it's also the right thing to do.
2. Take a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark.
3. Remember, the odds remain very much in your favor that you did not acquire HIV from this visit, thereby once again supporting the old adage: "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!"
Take a read through the archives of this forum. You should find the information and testimonials both enlightening and encouraging.
Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return, I'm sending my good-luck karma that your three-month definitive test is negative.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is It Difficult For A Man To Contract Hiv From A Woman Through Normal Vaginal Intercourse?
- Hiv Transition To Aids
- Lipodystrophy Of Arms
- Is Molluscum Contagiosum A First Indication Of Hiv?
- How Long Do Symptoms Appear After Exposure To Hiv?
- Over The Counter Medicine For Thrush On The Vagina
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.