3RD TIME I ASK, WARTS AND HIV!

Hi Doctor,

Please answer me, I'm going crazy. I see that you answer a lot of questions but not mine, I know you're overwhelmed but I just need your expertise opinion.

Two years ago I had a wart on my hand that was cut off and removed. On April 11th I had unprotected sex where I got chlamydia. I got tested 6wks, 8wks, 12 wks and 15wks- all negative. Now I had 4 more warts removed from my hand with the freezing technique. Why all of a sudden after 2 yrs these warts are showing up?? Could it be possible that I have HIV and it re-activated the HPV virus and now I have hand warts?

Do I need further testing?? Or can I be confident that I'm free of HIV. Thank You, I plan to make a donation as this website taught me a lot!

HPV (the wart virus) and HIV (the AIDS virus) are two very different creatures!

Regarding HIV, you had a potential exposure via unprotected sex on April 11th. You subsequently had negative HIV tests at 6, 8, 12 and 15 weeks. Consequently you did not contract HIV. You remain definitively HIV negative. Period.

Chlamydia, like many other STDs, is much easier to contract than HIV. You apparently did acquire chlamydia from your bout of unprotected sex.

HPV is also a chronic virus. Recurrences of warts are extremely common. The vast majority of these recurrences have absolutely nothing to do with HIV (as in your case).

My advice is simple:

1. Accept the fact you are HIV negative.

2. Continue to have your warts treated.

3. Have the chlamydia treated if you have not done so already.

4. Never ever place yourself at risk of STDs/HIV again!

Stay safe and you'll stay well.

Please help Dr bob I'm really scared!
Thankyou