3 month=84 days.how conclusive wud be a 82 day EIA.

Dear Dr.Bob,

I may have called you Dr.Frascino but u ve earned the love and deserve to be called as Dear Dr. Bob. Well doc i ve posted a querry few days back but did not get any reply.(i can understand its u and ur computer only to answer all tonnes of ques frm this cyber universe)I wud be satisfied if u answer to the querry raised in the title but wud luv if u send ur positive comments n good luck karma for me to come out negative(Doc i really really need it)I got a potential exposure on 27 may 2007 ie.Protected vaginal intercourse but two incidences of deep kiss and two incidences of unprotected oral sex which she(commercial sex worker of unknown HIV status)performed on me. i did not ejaculate in her mouth.Got baseline EIA on June 1,2007 that came negative. Since then i ve been living on this site on your answers only.Till last few days never felt ny kind of ARS symptoms but frm last few days am having geograpical tongue and a canker sore inside my upper lip.How much at risk am I Doc? Morover my 3 month mark is goin to be completed on 20 AUG'2007, wud the results be definitive and conclusive if i get it done tomorrow ie.18Aug'2007.Reason-Doc My girlfrn she is next to my parents to me( N YOU R NEXT TO HER)is having her B'day on 19th. i don't wanna wish her in a low, down voice n false smile.i wish to be clear(hope for coming out negative)

Doc plz plz plz do comment.from all the last few months am fighting from all these negative thoughts alone, help are ur words only.As per ur direction i have gone through all the ques n answers replied by you.Ur words for me individually wud matter a lot to me.

Plz plz plz do reply.Plz do remember to take ur medicines.U have to live a long way, all of us need you Dear Doc.Bob.And Anytime you come to India, New Delhi plz do inform me. It wud be my priviledge to meet u.

Your Big Big (scared)Fan

Hi Big, Big (Scared) Fan,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is negligible. "Protected" sex is indeed protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break. Kissing is not considered to be a significant HIV-transmission risk. Insertive oral sex carries only a minimal risk.

Your symptoms (geographic tongue, canker sores, etc.) are not worrisome for HIV ARS (acute retroviral syndrome).

The general guidelines for HIV-antibody tests state that tests conducted prior to three months from the potential exposure are not considered to be conclusive. I cannot change those guidelines unilaterally, because of your girlfriend's birthday or any other reason. That said, I should also point out that the immune system is not a calendar or clock that would distinguish exact periods of time for instance, the difference between 83 days versus 85 days. There is nothing absolutely absolute about the three-month guideline. However, a guideline needed to be set for the window period and, based on cumulative data, "three months" was the most appropriate time. If I were to tell you 82 days was conclusive, it would take only a nanosecond for someone to write in and ask "if 82 days is OK, what about 81 days or 80 days?" You can see the problem. Consequently, the guidelines are the guidelines and that's the best I can offer.

Do I think you've contracted HIV? No, I do not.

Do I feel you should have a genuine smile and a great time at your girlfriend's birthday bash? Yes, absolutely!

Question about Rimming
thanks Dr.Bob(really happy here)