TESTING +ve

Doc,

I have been having sex and drugs with this fuck buddy of mine for the past 3 months. I have always suspected him to be HIV +ve and insisted that we be safe and use condoms during every our sessions.

Until on 5 Aug, under the influence of drugs, I did the most stupid thing in my life by allowing him to fuck me bareback for 1 hour. He insisted that he did not cum in me although there could be pre-cum etc etc.

Worrying sick, On 6 Aug i went for a pre-screening test which showed to be negative however, he tested positive.

My heart sank on knowing this results and on 10 Aug, I did another full blood test which showed I am negative.

Given this high risk exposure, if i am infected, how likely is it to show in 3 months time or I need to do another check at the 6 months mark.

The reason I did the test is to confirm, if i was infected, I did get it from him. I know its no turning back and I feel this is a rude wake up call from God to stay aways from these evils.

I am trying to be strong and I do hope that with God's grace and mercy, I would be given another chance.

What do you think?

Drug use most likely contributed to your lapse in judgment. You placed yourself at significant risk for STDs, including HIV. Since both you and your buddy were tested the following day, you could have considered PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis). Your exposure would have warranted its use (if started within 72 hours of the exposure). At this point, a three-month HIV-antibody test is warranted. And because you had a documented significant exposure, the CDC would recommend a follow-up test at six months to confirm you did not contract the virus. The estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected receptive anal sex with a poz partner is 50 per 10,000 exposures.

I trust and hope this "wakeup" call will keep you safe in the future. Good luck!

What do you suggest. I will donate.
Viral load and CD4 question