dna pcr results

Hello Dr: I wrote you many months ago and you were very very kind with me.My exposure was a finger into my ass and masturbation and I did not know if there was precum or not on that finger.You said me that my risk was nearly nonexistent. I took many elisas (3, 5, 6, 9 and 10 months). Thank God, all were NEGATIVE. However, I took a PCR DNA PROVIRAL test....also was negative (at 9 months) My question is about reference values of that qualitative pcr DNA PROVIRAL test: The test is: DNA PROVIRAL in PBMCs of a ml blood :NEGATIVE (Reference values: Sensitivity 50 copies proviral dna hiv 1 in PBMCs of one ml blood) Is that a good sensitivity, is too low sensitivity???? Here in the forum you talk about sensitivity 5 copies per 106 cells....and my test says sensitivity 50 copies in PBMCs of 1 ml blood. Thank you very much....again donation is on the way.I know I have irrational fears because i have many elisas (all negatives) until 10 months and a half, one negative pcr and a very low risk exposure. Thank you again....I know my question is a silly question, but I am very worried.I am planning to go and see a psychologist who can help me with this irrational fears.I promise I will do that and so, I will end with this obsession of an illness i do not have.I send you my greatest care and love for you and dr steve.

You are correct! Your fears are indeed irrational and you have an obsession with HIV, an illness you could not possibly have!

Your DNA proviral test is negative, because you are HIV negative. The sensitivity of your proviral assay is fine. You did not need this test nor the many ELISA tests (wasted effort, blood and money). Stop testing. See a psychiatrist or psychologist without delay. HIV is not your problem, but you do indeed have a problem!

Funny...but TRUE
What do you suggest. I will donate.