Response to "boyfriend didnt tell me he was POS"

While I do agree that everyone is responsible for protecting themself. I also disagree with part of your response. If indeed the boyfriend was positive and withheld that information and had unprotected sex then he is a SOCIOPATH that displays blatant disregard for the health and life of others and the person should seek out the help of the authorities. If the X had valid evidence, then he should confront and demand a test or proof otherwise. How could anyone want someone who withheld this information and cared so little for them that they were willing to put them in this type of risk. I have a daughter that is gravely ill from HIV and I would hate to think that whoever gave it to her knowingly put her in this position. Her daughter may lose her MOM soon and have to go through life with that pain. It is one thing to unknowingly pass this on, it is no less than attempted murder to do it knowingly. Just look at the recent arrest of the guy here in the US that was exposing women he picked up in a night club. They have arrested and charged him with attempted murder. I hope they find him guilty and send a very clear message to those who think it is okay to not tell others then have sex with them unprotected.

"IF indeed the boyfriend was positive . . . ." That's a big "if," considering you're basing it on information from an "Ex!" I obviously encourage disclosure. You can read about that in the archives. I have an entire section dedicated to the topic. However, perhaps even more important is personal responsibility for protecting one's health! Remember, 25% of the over-one million HIV-positive Americans have absolutely no idea they are infected!

I'm very sorry your daughter is gravely ill. It's a tragedy she did not protect herself, as HIV is a totally preventable disease. Sociopaths are not the reason HIV/AIDS continues to be a dynamic and volatile pandemic! Inadequate awareness of HIV/AIDS coupled with lack of STD prevention skills continue to be the driving forces behind the pandemic. Attempting to blame others for personal lack of responsibility will not help turn the tide on this scourge.

3-month mark HIV test??
Showing Some thug love "Speech 101"