Can cystic fibrosis delay HIV seroconversion?
Aug 16, 2007
I just tested negative, and have cystic fibrosis. Does cystic fibrosis have any effect on HIV seroconversion?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Cystic fibrosis would not affect HIV-antibody test results. Remember to play safe and you won't have to worry about accuracy of HIV-screening tests!
Stay safe. Good luck.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv And Aids Information More Sensitive Than Other Health Conditions
- Why Are Genital Warts More Prevalent In Homosexual Men?
- When Will You See Symptoms Of Herpes?
- What Is The Life Span Of Syphilis?
- Is Herpes Spread By Sharing Food?
- What Does A Sore Look Like When You Have Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.