Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

finger on anus
Aug 16, 2007

Dear Dr. Fransisco,

I have a girl friend but I do have the occaisional urge to be with a guy. I havent done much and what little I ahve done I believe is safe, but heres what Im worried about. I went to a male massuess. He was gay. He massgaed me with baby oil. During the course of the massage he ran his hand and thumb over my ass crack and anus. it definitly felt good. Then he took out his penis. I played with it a bit. Then he stroked himself a bit as well at one point. Then he put his hand on my ass again rubbing his thumb against my anus and pushing gently on it. He didnt insert his thumb he just pressed gently on my anus. The thing that worries me is that I have had anal fissures in the past that bleed. I do have itching there and did at the time and while after the massage I checked and there was no blood, i still have a lot of sensetivity there. It itches and I feel like there is a slight soreness, all of which was there before this encounter. I am worried that if he is positive that some of his pre cum could have gotten onto his hands, mixed with the massage oil when he was masturbating himself and then gotten into the tiny invisible little cuts I may have on my anus when he was touching it. Am I at risk here? As I said, I didnt notice any blood on toilet paper afterwards but my butt definitly still was itchy in general so I thought there might be small fissures that might be a risk. Please let me know. I will make a donation by the way. Thank you so much for your time.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent. If you remain worried, get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. From what you've told me, it will undoubtedly be negative.

Despite having a girlfriend, you might consider some counseling to explore issues of sexual orientation. Your ultimate happiness begins with being honest with yourself.

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Can I start whoo-hooooing?!?! Negative at 8 weeks after fingering but still with swollen lymph nodes!!! Please answer Donation on the way for you fantastic work!!!
Next
Please Answer me .. I will donate promised

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.