Paranoid (and repentant) Republican redux

Dr. Bob,

Thanks for answering my question earlier this year. I have confessed the strip club thing to my wife and we are working through it. (Btw, your advice about honesty is spot on.)

Anyway, a couple of questions linger that we would like to have answered if possible:

1) Since there was no penetrative sex (anal, vaginal, oral or finger (digital?)) and my pants never came off, my risk was ZERO, correct?

2) HIV cannot pass through clothing, correct?

3) A slighlty low WBC (3.5 and 3.8 on successive tests) would be unrelated based on 1 and 2.

4) Is testing warranted?

5) If yes to 4, any recommendations for a rapid test site in SF or the pennisula?

Thanks for all your work. Stay Well!

From, A much less paranoid and slightly less Republican fan of Dr. Bob.

Hello Paranoid Repentant Republican,

1. Correct. An analogy could be UPS. If the UPS guy doesn't get you to open the door, he can't deliver his package!

2. Correct. The UPS guy can't get through a closed and locked front door.

3. Correct.

4. Nope. The only potential reason to consider it would be for peace of mind to put your totally unwarranted worries permanently to rest.

5. Rapid tests are readily available at most San Francisco HIV test sites. Just call the sites that are convenient to your home or office to be certain. If you're on the Peninsula, the Frascino Medical Group in Los Altos offers anonymous rapid tests. You can call for an appointment at 650-917-1357.

Finally, what's this nonsense about being only "slightly less Republican???" You've seen my advice about honesty is "spot on!" If you value honesty, the GOP is not the place to be! Rove, Gonzales, Rumsfelt, Bush, Cheney . . . "honesty" certainly isn't the first thing that springs to mind when thinking about these feckless screw-ups.

If I was your patient?
BUSH RULES.....LIBERALS DROOL THANKYOU DR BOB