Aug 14, 2007
Is it possible to be HIV positive if I have sex with a prostitute without condom only one night?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Yep. It only takes a single exposure to potentially acquire the virus. I'd recommend you get an HIV test at the three-month mark and also that you never take this risk again.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dating For Heterosexual People Who Have Hiv
- How Does Megace Cause Weight Gain?
- How Long After Exposure Does It Take Hiv To Show Up In Blood Test?
- Would Hiv Show Up In Blood Test Six Weeks After Exposure
- If You Wear Condom Can You Still Get Hiv?
- What's The Difference Between Herpes And Cold Sores?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.