I beg of thee, please answer question about pre-cum

Dr. Bob,

I had a brief sexual encounter whereby I was penetrated for about 30 seconds w/o the use of a condom. No doubt I am sure that there was the risk of pre-seminal fluids on his penis. I am a man as well. What is the likelihood of contracting HIV for this brief period of time and the amount of HIV in pre-cum? Is it theoretical? High possibility? After the 30 seconds of fooishness, I asked him to use a condom, as the fear of HIV/AIDS came into my mind. At the end, he never ejaculated.....even with the condom on.

P.S. A donation is INDEED merited for your wonderful help for all this world.

Thanks!!! Steve in NY

Hi Steve,

No doubt unprotected anal sex does place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. Your risk would be significantly decreased, due to the limited exposure (30 seconds) and your not allowing ejaculation to occur.

The estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected receptive anal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 50 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be significantly less due to the factors I mentioned above plus the fact we do not know the HIV status of your top gun.

Regarding pre-cum, the HIV viral load is significantly less than what is found in ejaculate.

My advice would be to get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. The odds you did not contract HIV are very much in your favor.

Thank you for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated. In return, I'm sending you my best good-luck/good-health karma that your three-month definitive HIV test is negative.

I know that you will not publish this one but maybe you can answer me directly?
unsafe sex