Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

scratched at a circuit party
Aug 13, 2007

I'm one of those frightened guys exploring his gay side. Anyway, I went to a circuit party last night and people's hands were all over me and who knows where else their hands had been based on what I saw going on there. When I came home, I saw that I had a fresh scratch on my chest. Can HIV transmission happen through this superficial broken skin with whatever junk was on people's hands?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

You went to a circuit party to explore your gay side and peoples' hands were all over you and you got scratched? Mitt? Mitt Romney? Is that you again? Yeah, I know you were celebrating your "win" in purchasing the GOP straw poll in Iowa, but that aside, we've talked about this before, Mitt. HIV is not transmitted on the dance floor at circuit parties unless you were having unsafe sex at the time. As for the scratches, it may have been John McCain or Rudy trying to scratch your eyes out. Those guys have tempers when they don't get their way and I'm sure they aren't happy with your pumping out all that money to influence the straw poll.

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV FROM DANCING (SWEAT) (HIV BASICS)
Next
Poppers and cancer (POPPERS)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.