|Can I cause my partners viral load to spike?
Aug 11, 2007
Myself and my partner are both positive. It is strongly believed he was infected from me. We still maintain a monogamous relationship,and practice barebacking. Recently, his viral loads tripled and his CD4 count dropped, while my CD4 count rose, and my viral load dropped. Is it possible that by him receiving my ejaculate that that could be the cause of his viral load spiking? Can reciving semen cause one's viral load to spike???
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Intercurrent infections.
3. Noncompliance with HIV meds.
4. Development of resistance to current antiretroviral medications?
5. Dual infection (acquiring a new, more aggressive strain of HIV).
I would suggest you have your partner check with his HIV specialist to evaluate his increase in viral replication and possible need for intervention. I would also suggest both you and your partner reconsider the risks associated with barebacking, even "monogamous barebacking," between two pozitoids.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Black Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Adult Oral Thrush Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.