baby tested positive at 6weeks

my baby tested positive at 6weeks and his cd4 count is 26% and the doctor sugested that he must start treatment at three months i was on arv while i was pregnant and my cd4 count was 239 and the baby did receive syrup after birth so i dont no whether i must taest him again or continue with treatment plz help

Without knowing much more about your baby's case, I am reluctant to make specific recommendations. In general, I would advise that treatment decisions not be made on the basis of a single blood test result. I would also strongly encourage you to see a pediatric HIV specialist before considering HIV medications for your infant.

Infants under 18 months require virologic assays that directly detect HIV to diagnose HIV infection, because the persistence of maternal HIV antibody may preclude the use of standard diagnostic tests. Virologic testing should be done at birth, 14 days, 1-2 months and 3-6 months, using a DNA PCR (or HIV RNA) assay.

Good luck to both you and your baby.

Paresthesia
Are you serious?