Wrestling risk ? 2nd ATTEMPT - Made a donation

Hello doc,

I realize that you get way too many emails and I am hoping you look at this one.. I have also made a donation at http://www.concertedeffort.org to help the cause.

A few days ago, I wrestled with a stripper at a private party. She had her bikini and I had my underwear and tanks. There was no sex involved. There was a lot of tight hugging and locks with full body 2 body contact. We also worked up a lot of sweat. Later I saw that I had some bruises on my leg. There was no active bleeding but the skin seemed to be broken. I am not sure if I got them during the wrestling or if I had unknowingly scratched myself before that. Now, I am freaking out completely because I dont know how much of a risk I was at for HIV to be transmitted via the bruise.

Can you please tell me your opinion?

I also have another question : I always wonder what is the reason for not selling over the counter HIV testing kits at drug stores? Is it technologically infeasible or is there some other reason?

Thanks a lot for your wonderful forum.

Why wrestle the stripper? Was she trying to escape the horned-up bachelor's party or something? Oh, never mind. Whatever floats your boat. Your HIV risk from stripper wrestling is nonexistent, even with your bruise. If HIV were contracted this easily, everyone who rides the subway at rush hour would be infected by now.

As for HIV testing kits, Home Access Express test kits are indeed sold at pharmacies and online. This requires you use a lancet on your finger to get blood, which you then apply to a filter strip and mail in a protected envelope to the company. Your sample is identified only with an anonymous code. Perhaps some day in the future, after Dubya's Reign of Error, we'll progress to the point that HIV tests will be like home pregnancy tests with the entire process conducted in the privacy of your home. However, at the moment Bush and company are much more interested in knowing exactly who is and is not HIV positive. They have pushed through mandatory names reporting, not only for cases of AIDS, but also for anyone who tests HIV positive. At the same time our current sex-phobic, anti-science administration also hasn't done much to decrease HIV/AIDS ignorance and stigma in this country. Their prevention methods remain arcane. When's the last time you saw a condom ad on TV? Needless to say, if they are afraid of a thin piece of latex, they certainly aren't going to allow home HIV testing. Just another head-in-the-sand piece of Bush insanity. Is it 2008 yet?

risk of exposure to eyes (EYE EXPOSURE) (SEMEN and EYE CONTACT)
hard masturbation cause blindness