Possibility of Not Being Infected by Partner

My question is basically: is it possible that a woman could have unprotected sex with a guy lots of times, but without him ejaculating inside her and still not contract HIV from him, even if he was positive? I heard that Magic Johnson's wife never got it from him. Please answer; the fear of AIDS is ruining my life, as I have become obsessed with the idea that I have it. Every time my phone rings I believe that it is somebody telling me my boyfriend has aids or one of my exes has it. I am terrified to get tested because I'm afraid it will be positive! I have no insurance and I would probably never be able to afford the meds. Please help!

Is it possible to be exposed to HIV and not become infected? Absolutely, and I should add, thankfully so. In fact, it happens all the time. HIV transmission is a complex process that involves many things in addition to mere exposure. Take, for example, the estimated per-act risk for acquisition of HIV from receptive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive. This estimated risk is 10 per 10,000 exposures (and that includes exposures with ejaculation!).

There is no doubt that fear of AIDS is running your life. But please note the operative word is "fear," not AIDS. You need professional help from a psychologist or psychiatrist to help you confront and conquer these totally irrational and unwarranted fears. You definitely do have a problem. However, please remember that problem is not HIV/AIDS!!!

HIV risk?
PEP regimine with Sustiva