Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

DRIVE BY BLOWJOBS - PLEASE ANSWER!!!
Aug 7, 2007

Dear Doc,

I am a 23 year old male.

From January to March of 2007 I performed oral sex on 4 men in their cars, using condoms on the last three.

During this time, I got a rash on my legs and abdomen (small, flat bumps that itched a lot) and I also had a sore throat but I'm not sure when exactly I had these symptoms. I only know I experienced them within the 3 months. I haven't gotten a rash since I was 3 years old and it is really scaring me. I didn't know that a rash was a sympton of ARS until just recently. I always figured that I got the rash because it was cold, I have sensitive skin and in my college classes, I would sweat a lot and wear thin layers of clothing. The room most of my classes were in was also in a poorly ventilated room.

All 4 men told me they were HIV - and the first guy who I performed oral sex on without a condom (he ejaculated on his chest) told me a few days ago that he was tested in June (about 3-4 months after we had met and he tested HIV -).

As for the other 3 men I used condoms on, I am afraid that while they were sitting up-right in their cars, their pre-cum could have dripped down onto their balls and since I licked their balls I could have gotten infected.

I do know that I get small sores in my mouth now and then.

I have a rapid HIV test coming up in a week but I just wanted to hear what you thought about this.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Thank you.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

You wanted to hear what I thought about this??? Drive-by blow jobs??? Well, to tell you the truth, I knew they were expanding the drive-through menu at Mickey D's, Krispy Kreme and other such places, but I had no idea they included BJs???? I'm almost afraid to ask what's going on at In-N-Out Burgers!

Regarding your HIV risk, it's negligible at best. Oral sex performed while properly using a condom carries essentially no risk for HIV transmission. Even unprotected oral carries only a very minimal risk. The estimated per-act risk for acquisition of HIV from unprotected receptive oral sex with a poz partner is 1 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be even less, as you do not know the status of your drive-by guys and because they did not ejaculate in your mouth.

Your symptoms are not consistent with HIV. The rash you describe does not match typical HIV rashes.

I'm quite confident your three-month definitive rapid HIV test will be negative. For information purposes, you should peruse the archives of this forum. We have whole sections on oral sex, HIV transmission and safer sexual practices.

Stay safe. Stay well. I'll bet you're going to do very well in college if they still give "oral exams!"

Dr. Bob

Previous
Does this mean i cant transfer the HIV virus?
Next
Siphilys HIV unprotected oral

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.