Kissing an HIV+ Man

Hi I recently had a massage from an HIV+ masseur. During the massage he licked my anus a few times. After the massage he laid on the table with me and we kissed. It wasnt deep passionate kissing but there was most likely an exchange of saliva as happens in most kissing. The kissing lasted about 2-3 minutes at most. There was no other sexual contact between us oral or otherwise. I realize that I might have kissed someone who is HIV+ in my past and not have known it but this is the first time that I have knowingly kissed an HIV+ man so Im a bit concerned. In your opinion do you think I am at risk and I need to get tested? My research tells me that kissing and getting rimmed is very low risk. Im probably being paranoid but your answer will help. Im having a lot of anxiety at the moment.

Thanks A concerned guy

Hello Concerned Guy,

As the old song goes, "You must remember this; a kiss is just a kiss, as time goes by . . . ."

Your risk is essentially nonexistent and you are correct in your assumption that you may well have kissed another "virally enhanced" person and never realized it in the past!

As for the few anus licks, there have been no documented cases of HIV transmission from rimming or getting rimmed.

The only reason to get a three-month HIV test would be to put your unwarranted worries permanently to rest. If you're having trouble with anxiety, you should seek treatment for that condition. HIV is not your problem. No way, no how.

Boyfriend just tested positive
Please help my daughter