a true story from the third world (read it in cry)

Dr. bob

I wrote you several times but i know that you pick only some of the questions because you have a high demand.

but i want to tell you this thinking that you can reply to all people form Latin America because maybe they having the same problems.

my case:

2 weeks ago some girl lick my penis for a minute, then whe have sex but the condom slip out and only cover the glans or heads of the penis. i read similar forums ands the answers say that in this cases the risk are low. well i suffer from anxiety and depression and begin to have panic attacks,(it is the guilt of sheeting my girlfriend). but i began with a terrible fear over get infected.

This is the part that you have read:

i went to my doctor and he says "dont worry about aids, the probability of get infected it is everywhere, and the test Elisa are not good because the WINDOW PERIOD takes about 5 year!!!!. i come out and say he is very ignorant.

but i went to the psychologist and y was crying for the guilt and the fear and this women began to ask me (10 times in diferents ways) YOU ARE GAY? i say no, then she ask me (11 times) YOU HATE GAYS?, no i dont, my aunt is gay i dont see a problem.

she send me to the Psiquiatrist, and this mother**** in the 3 session only ask me same and the same.(you are gay??)

i get very angry and say to him that it is very sad that the doctors in my country are so ignorant, the aids can infect everyone, and this real mother*** say to me that the humans trend to fear "HIS NATURAL KILLER", so i say, aids it the natural killer for gay and drug adicts!!!?????? i went out and never see him again. but this is not the worse, i tell to my friends and i was amaze about the ignorance of everyone, the have sex sometimes with girls that have met and do not use condom because this girls looks healthy.

thank you doctor for your pages in internet, its a BIG light in this dark tunnel.

Well this is my history, god protect USA because you are more advance in knowledge(sorry for bush) but all the Americans are great!!!

(sorry my writing i have to improve) spanish man

Hi Spanish-Guy,

Unfortunately ignorance about HIV/AIDS is not limited to Latin America. Even here in the United States there are folks who have similar unenlightened views about HIV/AIDS. It is a tragedy that 26 years into the world pandemic ignorance, fear and stigma remain so prevalent. Clearly we have a long way to go with our HIV/AIDS awareness and education programs.

Regarding your specific HIV risk, if the latex condom continued to cover the head (glans) of the penis, your HIV-transmission risk would be negligible at best. A single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark is all that you should need to put any residual (and largely unwarranted) worries permanently to rest. I'm quite confident you will test negative.

In light of your experience, why not get involved with a local AIDS service organization and help promote HIV/AIDS awareness and education. You could start by educating your doctor, the psychologist, the psychiatrist and your buddies!

follow up: hiv or something else?
Thanks from Suck-up guy worth reading!