Stupid Man

Dr. Bob,

Firstly can I say the service you are providing is absolutely commendable.

I have read through the categories and I have a fair idea that the risk I encountered is very low.

I was recently away on a business trip and after a few too many drinks I ended up at a strip club round the corner, an absolute lapse of judgement.

I understand there is no risk through lap dances.

However I had pulled the skin adjacent to the nail of my middle finger on Monday, which was healing and had a slight scab over it on Wednesday, the night I was at the strip club.

The reason from my worry is that during the dance, my finger came in contact with her vaginal fluid which was on my shirt. I know this is low risk as well.

The next day to check the wound I pressed it really hard an found a tiny drop of blood come out, which makes me wonder if the vaginal fluid entered the finger if it was not fully healed.

What would be the chance of getting infected this way? Could you please respond to this, I would very much appreciate it?

Feeling devastated, when I got home I confessed to my wife, cant imagine what I did to deserve her.

She hasnt forgiven me completely, but we will work it through. We have a daughter who was born 14 weeks early and only arrived home three months ago from hospital.

I cant believe I put my entire family at risk through the one act.

I hope I dont put my daughters life in any kind of risk. Every time I see her I cant forgive myself.

Should I be going for a test at three months, to put my fears to rest completely? Is it Warranted?

Thank you Doctor,

I will be donating shortly.

Stupid Father

Hello Stupid Father,

Your HIV-transmission risk was essentially nonexistent.

Is an HIV test warranted? Nope.

Should you get a three-month test to put your fears to rest completely? If they are not already completely put to rest after reading my response, then yes, a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark could help psychologically.

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return, I'll send my good-luck/good-health karma in your direction.

Can I contract aids through a cut?
unprotected vaginal sex