Aug 3, 2007
Dr. Bob, if a person progresses to AIDS in a few months following infection could this prevent the antibody test from turning positive if they progress that quickly ?
Response from Dr. Frascino
First of all, people do not "fast progressio" from primary infection to AIDS within a few months. It generally takes 8-10 years! Even if they did, the antibody test would still be positive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does White Discharge Mean I Have AIDS?
- AIDS Risk Sex With A Prostitute
- Burning Urethra After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.