Insertive Anal Sex

Hi Dr. Bob, I'll be brief because I know you get a lot of questions. About 10 weeks ago I had unprotected insertive anal sex with a transvestite sex worker. There was no ejaculation. But I have had herpes since the mid-80's and I fear that the oral foreplay may have opened and exposed some tissue to absorb anything from the mouth or anus. A few days later I had a very bad case of candida balnitis (or what I thought it was) so I ran off to the chemist and grabbed a stack of over the counter thrush medicines and creams like canestan. It did not work. The next few days there were sores lined up on the inside of the foreskin and gland. I have been using anti fungals for the past few months with no improvements.

Right now my throat glands are swollen, my ears ache to the point where I need pain killers, and I have a rash covering my face. My GP says there is no point for antibiotics becasue it does not appear to be a bacterial infection. What would you suggest - seeing a dermatologist first or simply wait for the 12 week hiv test?

By the way, thanks for all your work and effort and witty remarks - you have my life bearable these past weeks. Not knowing is hard. And what awaits is outright daunting. Truthfully, I don't believe this is fungal. With everything I have applied I have to face that it is viral.

Thanks for all your support Dr. Bob - I sense I'm going to ned more of it soon.

Concerned.

Hello Concerned,

I'm quite sure that ten weeks of an inflamed tallywhacker doesn't make Mr. Happy very happy at all. Why suffer? See a dermatologist now. As for your self-diagnoses: "With everything I have applied I have to face that it is viral," exactly what medical school did you graduate from? I must have missed that piece of information in your post. Assuming that you did not attend medical school, do an internship, residency and post-doctoral subspecialty training in infectious diseases and/or dermatology, you are unqualified to make such pronouncements! I'm quite confident a dermatologist will have no difficulty diagnosing and treating both your "candida balanitis" and the rash on your face.

I agree you should have an HIV antibody test at the three month mark.

Deep Fingering/Receptive Anal
Goldfish guy.... preliminary woohoo