The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Insertive Anal Sex

Aug 2, 2007

Hi Dr. Bob, I'll be brief because I know you get a lot of questions. About 10 weeks ago I had unprotected insertive anal sex with a transvestite sex worker. There was no ejaculation. But I have had herpes since the mid-80's and I fear that the oral foreplay may have opened and exposed some tissue to absorb anything from the mouth or anus. A few days later I had a very bad case of candida balnitis (or what I thought it was) so I ran off to the chemist and grabbed a stack of over the counter thrush medicines and creams like canestan. It did not work. The next few days there were sores lined up on the inside of the foreskin and gland. I have been using anti fungals for the past few months with no improvements.

Right now my throat glands are swollen, my ears ache to the point where I need pain killers, and I have a rash covering my face. My GP says there is no point for antibiotics becasue it does not appear to be a bacterial infection. What would you suggest - seeing a dermatologist first or simply wait for the 12 week hiv test?

By the way, thanks for all your work and effort and witty remarks - you have my life bearable these past weeks. Not knowing is hard. And what awaits is outright daunting. Truthfully, I don't believe this is fungal. With everything I have applied I have to face that it is viral.

Thanks for all your support Dr. Bob - I sense I'm going to ned more of it soon.


Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Concerned,

I'm quite sure that ten weeks of an inflamed tallywhacker doesn't make Mr. Happy very happy at all. Why suffer? See a dermatologist now. As for your self-diagnoses: "With everything I have applied I have to face that it is viral," exactly what medical school did you graduate from? I must have missed that piece of information in your post. Assuming that you did not attend medical school, do an internship, residency and post-doctoral subspecialty training in infectious diseases and/or dermatology, you are unqualified to make such pronouncements! I'm quite confident a dermatologist will have no difficulty diagnosing and treating both your "candida balanitis" and the rash on your face.

I agree you should have an HIV antibody test at the three month mark.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Deep Fingering/Receptive Anal
Goldfish guy.... preliminary woohoo

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint