Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

DONT PANIC!!!
Aug 2, 2007

I would like to tell people about my experience About 3 months ago I received oral sex from a sex worker The usual scenario being I was drunk at the time.

What got me worried was the fact that she did have real bad teeth and this made me wonder if she had HIV She looked like a drug user.

I then had to go through the whole 3 month wait for the test Even though the risk is low (a 0.5 chance in 10000 I was told for receiving) you still wonder.

I did test negative but I convinced myself that I had almost every symptom from Night sweats to burning sensations These were later diagnosed as stress.

The point Im trying to make is that next time your going to do something silly REMBER is it worth the 3 month wait..?

The sad thing is most people dont realise until they do and then its the long wait.

I have learnt so much from your forum and have always liked you no-nonsense approach. I wish you the best of luck in the future and thank you for spending time helping people.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

WOO-HOO and congratulations on dodging the HIV bullet! Thanks for writing in and sharing your story and newfound insights. Hopefully folks will indeed "REMBER" your advice!

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Safe Sex and STD
Next
Deep Fingering/Receptive Anal

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.