Safe Sex and STD
Aug 2, 2007
I am a Italian Male 37 years old, travelling a lot for business. I wanted to ask your opinion before to ask to my doctor because living in Italy is difficult to get clear information without being pointed as a plague spreader (this is not the general situation in my country but it is quite typical in small villages).
As most people with my type of life, sometimes I feel alone, falling in the temptation of finding easy company. During my last trip, I visited twice a parlour where I had protected fellatio but including oral on my scrotum. During this my hands were in her vagina.
As very stupidly I had this empty encounter, also very stupidly I begun to panic and I started to assume doxycycline 2x100 mg for 7 days. I am now very resolute to have a full scan for STD but I am scared that I have compromised the tests (especially for syphilis) what is in your opinion the next step I should follow? Was this enconter high risk for STD? After 3 months are the tests easy to read even if I took the antibiotic or are they totally compromised? What types of STD tests would you recommend in my case I thank you in advance for your kind answer apologising for having abused your time.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Buon giorno Guido,
1. Was your encounter high risk for STDs? No. In fact, I'd say it was extremely low risk at best.
2. Would STD/HIV testing be accurate at the three-month mark, even if you took doxycycline for seven days? Yes, the tests would still be accurate.
3. Generally speaking, I would not recommend any STD tests for protected fellatio and vaginal fingering, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break, the skin on your fingers was intact and there were no symptoms suggestive of an STD.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Oral Ulcers After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Is The Herpes Virus In A Male's Semen?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.