Safe Sex and STD

Dear Robert,

I am a Italian Male 37 years old, travelling a lot for business. I wanted to ask your opinion before to ask to my doctor because living in Italy is difficult to get clear information without being pointed as a plague spreader (this is not the general situation in my country but it is quite typical in small villages).

As most people with my type of life, sometimes I feel alone, falling in the temptation of finding easy company. During my last trip, I visited twice a parlour where I had protected fellatio but including oral on my scrotum. During this my hands were in her vagina.

As very stupidly I had this empty encounter, also very stupidly I begun to panic and I started to assume doxycycline 2x100 mg for 7 days. I am now very resolute to have a full scan for STD but I am scared that I have compromised the tests (especially for syphilis) what is in your opinion the next step I should follow? Was this enconter high risk for STD? After 3 months are the tests easy to read even if I took the antibiotic or are they totally compromised? What types of STD tests would you recommend in my case I thank you in advance for your kind answer apologising for having abused your time.

Best Regards,

Guido

Buon giorno Guido,

1. Was your encounter high risk for STDs? No. In fact, I'd say it was extremely low risk at best.

2. Would STD/HIV testing be accurate at the three-month mark, even if you took doxycycline for seven days? Yes, the tests would still be accurate.

3. Generally speaking, I would not recommend any STD tests for protected fellatio and vaginal fingering, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break, the skin on your fingers was intact and there were no symptoms suggestive of an STD.

Ciao Guido!

drug problems
DONT PANIC!!!